Sunday, September 16, 2012

Book Review--A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter



The Blurb:

"No secret stays hidden forever."

A phone call from an old friend sets Dr. Giovanni Vecchio back on the path of a mystery he'd abandoned years before. He never expected a young librarian could hold the key to the search, nor could he have expected the danger she would attract. Now he and Beatrice De Novo will follow a twisted maze that leads from the archives of a university library, through the fires of Renaissance Florence, and toward a confrontation they never could have predicted.

A Hidden Fire is a paranormal mystery/romance for adult readers. It is the first book in the Elemental Mysteries Series.

My Review:


A Hidden Fire by Elizabeth Hunter surprised me.  I picked up the first book for free on Amazon, and once I started reading, I couldn't stop.  This isn't your ordinary Vampire book.  In fact, most of the vampire books I've read lately have been original and great.

Ms. Hunter combines vampires and elemental magic in a way that is refreshing and enthralling.  I loved the mystery aspect to the story and the sexual tension between Beatrice and Giovanni was electrifying throughout the read.  Beatrice is likable without being a wilting rose.  She makes some pretty hard choices and not the ones I figured she would sometimes.  Being the strong heroine she is, she fights her attraction for the enigmatic Gio from the beginning, knowing he maybe isn't so good for her.  For all of you "insta-love" haters out there, there's none of that in this book.  Yeah, it's instant attraction, but the chemistry as well as the relationship grows with the normal flow of the story.

The characters come to life on the page as well as the settings.  Ms. Hunter has an engaging voice that I really enjoyed reading.  My only problem now is that all I want to do is read the rest of the series instead of writing and any number of things I need to get done, lol.

If your looking for an exciting read full of action and romance, this is the book for you!  I'm looking forward to finishing the series, not if I can only find some time :)


Five stars from me!  Here is the Amazon link if you are interested. As of this morning, it was still free. I know I wasn't disappointed, and I'm looking forward to reading more from this great author.



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Christie. I wanted to let you know I tagged you for the "Look Challenge."

    You can find more info on it here: http://noreecosper.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-look-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete